TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Feb. 17, 2016) -
Editor's Note: There is a photo and a video associated with this press release.
You know it's cold when Canadians put on sweaters. The recent frigid temperatures across the province mean that furnaces have been working overtime. Enbridge Gas Distribution wants to remind you that furnace filters should be changed or cleaned every three months to ensure your furnace is running safely and efficiently.
Sound complicated? A recent survey commissioned by the utility shows that some people think so.
Heating systems need regular maintenance to work safely. Changing the furnace filter will also save you money - dirty filters can restrict airflow, forcing the furnace to work harder and increase your natural gas use.
Changing or cleaning the filter is easy. Here are some easy to follow instructions:
- To find out what size filter you need, open the filter compartment door to check the old one or check your manual.
- Turn off your furnace. Remove the old filter - it will be very dusty.
- Once you have your old filter out and your new one ready, check for the arrow. Make sure it faces the furnace when you slide it in.
- If you have a permanent filter, vacuum it off before rinsing it thoroughly with water. Allow it to completely dry before putting it back in (http://www.marketwire.com/library/20160217-800eng.jpg).
- When you're finished, close any compartments and turn the furnace back on. Always keep doors and panels closed while the furnace is running.
- Call a professional if you don't feel comfortable changing the filter yourself. You can also have them do an inspection to make sure its running safely and efficiently.
*These are some of the findings of an Ipsos Reid poll conducted between October 30 and November 3, 2015, on behalf of Enbridge Gas Distribution. For this survey, a sample of 1,000 Ontarians from Ipsos' online panel was interviewed online. Weighting was then employed to balance demographics to ensure that the sample's composition reflects that of the adult population according to Census data and to provide results intended to approximate the sample universe. The precision of Ipsos online polls is measured using a credibility interval. In this case, the poll is accurate to within +/ - 3.5 percentage points, 19 times out of 20, had all Canadian adults been polled. The credibility interval will be wider among subsets of the population. All sample surveys and polls may be subject to other sources of error, including, but not limited to coverage error, and measurement error.
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20160217-800eng.jpg
To view the video associated with this press release, please visit the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0OutEJgTiU
For more information please contact:
Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc.
1-855-884-5112 / 416-753-6261