Free, convenient referral service helps customers find local natural gas contractors
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - Jan. 11, 2007) - Enbridge Gas Distribution (TSX:ENB) (NYSE:ENB) announced the launch of EnergyLinkTM, a free, convenient referral service that will help its residential and small business customers find natural gas contractors in their neighborhoods.
EnergyLinkTM connects customers with local Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) contractors for the purchase and installation of natural gas products such as furnaces, fireplaces and water heaters.
"We are launching EnergyLinkTM because we want to make it easier for our customers to find qualified natural gas contractors," says Lino Luison, Vice President, Enbridge Gas Distribution. "The program will help our customers make informed purchasing decisions. Making it easy and convenient to buy and install natural gas appliances will help us grow our business and improve customer satisfaction."
EnergyLinkTM contractors have made a commitment to meet Enbridge Gas Distribution's standards for professional qualifications, safety and customer service. Enbridge Gas Distribution does not provide HVAC products or services. EnergyLinkTM contractors will be responsible for all products or services provided to customers as a result of referrals generated by the EnergyLinkTM program.
EnergyLinkTM is easy to use. Customers interested in finding an EnergyLinkTM contractor can visit www.enbridge.com/energylink or call 1-888-GAS-8888 to get started.
Natural Gas Solutions in Five Easy Steps
1. Customers visit EnergyLinkTM at www.enbridge.com/energylink or call 1-888-GAS-8888 to provide information regarding the natural gas energy solution they require and their location.
2. The customer will then be provided with the names of three qualified EnergyLinkTM contractors in their area that can perform the work requested.
3. Customers can choose any or all of these contractors to contact them to discuss the required work.
4. Selected contractors will contact the customer within one business day to discuss their needs and arrange an on-site consultation.
5. Customers can compare estimates from EnergyLinkTM contractors and make informed decisions about the contractor they would like to hire.
EnergyLinkTM is available in the communities served by Enbridge Gas Distribution including the Greater Toronto Area, Dufferin County, Durham Region, Simcoe County, Peterborough area, Niagara and the Ottawa area.
Enbridge Gas Distribution has an almost 160-year history and is Canada's largest natural gas distribution company. Enbridge Gas Distribution is owned by Enbridge Inc., a Canadian-based company that is a leader in energy transportation and distribution in North America and internationally. Enbridge provides distribution services to 1.8 million customers in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, and in New York State. Enbridge's common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange in Canada and on the New York Stock Exchange in the United States under the symbol ENB. Information about Enbridge is available on the Company's website at www.enbridge.com.
For more information please contact:
Enbridge Gas Distribution
Manager, Media and External Relations
Manning Selvage & Lee